Goal # 1: NHCS provides an excellent education through rigorous Classical academics that prepares students for future educational and workforce opportunities while providing opportunities for every child to reach his or her God-given potential.
• Continue to develop and refine our Classical Christian curriculum.
• Use a variety of tools and benchmarks to monitor and improve the school's academic student outcomes
Goal #2: NHCS is an asset to our local community by serving a diverse segment of Rowan/Salisbury and neighboring communities. An important emphasis of NHCS is serving others and community involvement
• Strengthen the school’s communication, relationship and service to the Rowan-Salisbury Community.
• Strengthen relationships and involvement with area churches.
• Increase awareness and emphasize the importance of being a community of prayer, spiritual growth and spiritual discipleship
• Consistent with our mission statement of “impacting the world for Christ” we will continue and expand the school’s program for hosting international students.
Goal # 3: Believing education encompasses the mind, body and soul, NHCS provides opportunities for students to grow and develop in the fine arts, athletics and extracurricular activities
• Continue to develop and expand a comprehensive fine arts education.
• Update curriculum guides and instructional materials for courses in the fine arts
• Continue to strengthen the quality of the NHCS athletic program.
Goal # 4: NHCS will recruit, retain and develop talented staff members who are mission focused, spiritually mature and inspire our students to learn and challenge themselves to their fullest God-given potential.
• Provide a competitive staff compensation package that enables the school to compete with other Christian Schools.
• Continue to emphasize professional development of teachers with particular emphasis and attention given to the development of the classical approach to education
• Expand staffing in order to provide more support and focus on staff responsibilities
• Continue to improve the caliber of our teaching faculty.
Goal # 5: NHCS will use technology to enhance and supplement the education experience to provide students with the technology skills they will need for future education and workforce opportunities.
• Reconvene a technology committee to provide strategic guidance on the technology plan.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the computer lab and its future use.
• Provide ample opportunities for teachers to develop technological knowledge and skills that can be integrated into the classroom environment.
Goal # 6: NHCS is a safe, attractive, well-maintained facility that provides an inspiring space that supports the school’s academic and extracurricular programs
• Maintain a safe environment for our students.
• Maintain an aesthetically pleasing environment for our students.
• Complete and occupy the Ruth & Dave Davis Wing addition.
• Develop Long Range facility plans that maximize the use of our current campus.
Goal # 7: NHCS’s financial strength allows us to provide an economical and excellent Christ-centered education to as many mission appropriate students as possible.
• Grow an endowment that will secure the school’s financial stability in times of enrollment fluctuations.
• Continue to cultivate mission appropriate community connections that will financially support NHCS.
• Develop a strategy for applying for and obtaining financial support grants.
• Continue to develop a strong Finance Committee to oversee the financial health of NHCS.
Goal # 8: Our local communities and families are aware of NHCS’s mission, the opportunities we provide, and the accomplishments of our school and our students through a comprehensive and targeted marketing and communication plan.
• Develop internal marketing plan to ensure families understand Mission and Vision of the school as well as ongoing events.
• Develop external marketing plan to ensure NHCS’s mission and accomplishments are understood in the communities we serve.
• Be intentional about encouraging students, parents, and staff members to be welcoming and hospitable.
• In order to improve the desired student outcomes, place more emphasis and structure around improving the parent / teacher / school partnership
• Cultivate relationships with other private schools that may have the potential to feed our high school.