College & Career Guidance at North Hills
"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14 (ESV)
We believe that every single child is made in the image of God. Because of this incredible truth, we are committed to a four year high school guidance relationship with each of our students, helping them discover the unique interests, skills and talents with which God has endowed them.
High school students receive regular and personal guidance services from our Guidance Counselor and we are always available to help families as needed throughout the year with college admission requirements, high school career planning, college financial aid application procedures, college selection and personal counseling.
Beginning with the high school admissions interview for new students, the school's administration will partner with families to communicate our program's offerings and help students acheive their goals.
For both new and returning students the administration will:
1. Articulate and implement a comprehensive and individualized academic plan for every high school student
2. Guide each student toward a selection of courses that will enhance that student’s range of choices for college and university admission or career path
3. Conduct regular guidance appointments with students
4. Educate and make available to each family the tools and resources to help them evaluate colleges and universities
5. Educate each family regarding the range of financial aid opportunities and sources available
6. Actively participate in the process of facilitating and achieving acceptance at colleges and universities